If you're looking for an alternative to giving your dogs table scraps this Thanksgiving, consider making them homemade treats! They're fun and easy to make, and your dog will love them! These Thanksgiving themed treats are grain free, and are a healthier way to give your pet a taste of Thanksgiving food this holiday season!
Kitsune's Grain Free Thanksgiving Treats
- 8 oz ground turkey (any other type of ground meat works as well), an amount approximately the size of a can of tuna. The amount doesn't have to be exact.
- 1 medium - large carrot shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium - large potatoes mashed, or 1.5 cups of instant mashed potatoes (you can also use flour, but then the treats won't be grain free)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into treat shaped balls, or shape as desired.
- Preheat oven to 400*F, bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 - 30 mins until desired texture is reached. The longer you let the cookies bake, the crispier they will be.
- Store in refrigerator, or freeze for longer storage.
Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!!